Within 7 days we were able to complete all the controls needed to answer a huge DDQ. Being able to achieve the highest level of controls with quality procedural documents, that we know large enterprises will scrutinize, was like nothing else.
What is SOC 2?
SOC 2 is the gold standard to ensure you are securing your data and mitigating risk. It is the second of three System and Organization Controls defined by the American Institute of Certified Public Accounts.
This framework designs policies, practices, and internal controls based on security, privacy, availability, processing integrity, and confidentiality.
What is SOC 1 vs SOC 2?
Laika helps businesses achieve the appropriate SOC certification. The difference between SOC 1 and SOC 2 is the scope of the controls, policies, and procedures tested.
- SOC 1 focuses on financial controls to ensure proper handling of a client’s financial information.
- SOC 2 focuses on non-financial controls for protecting data.
What is Type 1 vs Type 2?
Laika recommends starting with a Type 1 and building to a Type 2. The difference between Type 1 and Type 2 is design versus operating effectiveness.
- Type I tests design by looking at your description of controls at a particular point in time.
- Type II tests effectiveness by collecting evidence of operating controls over a 6-12 month period.
Who needs SOC 2?
SOC 2 is usually required by large companies, financial institutions, and health care organizations to do business.
Every modern company will benefit from a SOC 2 to ensure proper information security.
How does my business get SOC 2 certified?
Laika provides a modern solution to compliance. Our team walks businesses through SOC 2 implementation, demonstration, and maintenance.
Our clients leverage a customized platform with
- Centralized system of record
- Step-by-step guidance
- Automated evidence gathering
- Resource library
- Expert advice at the click of a button
What else should I know about SOC 2?
Becoming SOC 2 compliant isn’t an easy feat. It takes significant time, effort, and resources to get that first clean report. What’s more, it seems like the bulk of SOC 2 resources are meant for larger, more traditional companies.
Learn all your need to know about SOC 2 in our guide.